The first superintendent of the Georgia Military Institute, Colonel Arnoldus V. Brumby, built this lovely Greek Revival style house. The Institute property was adjacent to Brumby Hall. Colonel Brumby, a West Point graduate, directed the Institute from 1851-1859. During the Civil War, he commanded the Fourteenth Georgia Regiment. When Sherman's troops occupied Marietta in 1864, the house was used as a hospital. The Institute buildings were burned as the army departed on the "March to the Sea." It seems the Brumby Hall was spared, as Sherman and Brumby were friends at West Point. After the War, Brumby sold the house to Ellan M. Bradley. During that ownership the property became known as "The Hedges." In 1926, Mr. & Mrs. Howell Trezvant purchased the home and major renovation and restoration was done. Hubert Bond Owens, founder of the University Of Georgia School Of Landscape Architecture, designed the formal gardens at Brumby Hall. The Trezvant's daughter, Tillie T. Moore Owenby, lived in the house for many years before selling it to the City of Marietta. It is used as a house museum and special events facility in conjunction with the Hilton Atlanta-Marietta Hotel & Conference Center. Tours can be arranged by appointment though out the year
Enter from Conference Center parking lot.
Tickets can be purchased at the Marietta Visitors Bureau and at any of the participating tour homes. Tickets can be purchased for day tours, candlelight tours, or a combination ticket including both.
Day Tour: $25.00
Candlelight Tour: $20.00
Volunteer your time for the Marietta event of the season. It takes over 300 volunteers to make the Tour a success!
During the Tour,
warm up with
The Bistro at
Click here for Special Packages at the Hilton Atlanta/Marietta Hotel & Conference Center