The Presbyterian Church was founded in 1835. Its Greek revival sanctuary was built in 1854 on a lot donated by former pastor John Jones of the family documented in Children of Pride. The Union Army used it as a hospital during the Civil War and in 1915 the federal government paid the church reparations for damages. The two-foot thick walls of solid brick are original as are the galleries and the heart pine floors that enhance the building's fine acoustics. The interior was remodeled in 1903 in the Colonial Revival style. The basic choir and pulpit configuration, the elaborate pressed metal ceiling and the cornices and the Pompeian red wall color date from that time.
Tickets can be purchased at the Marietta Visitors Bureau and at any of the participating tour homes. Tickets can be purchased for day tours, candlelight tours, or a combination ticket including both.
Day Tour: $25.00
Candlelight Tour: $20.00
Volunteer your time for the Marietta event of the season. It takes over 300 volunteers to make the Tour a success!
During the Tour,
warm up with
The Bistro at
Click here for Special Packages at the Hilton Atlanta/Marietta Hotel & Conference Center