The original owner of this property was John H. Glover, who operated it as a four-story cotton warehouse. It was sold to Dix Fletcher in 1855, who converted it into a hotel and named it The Fletcher House. It was the meeting place in 1862 of "Andrews' Raiders" the night before they stole the locomotive "The General" of the Great Locomotive Chase fame. In 1864, it was used as a Confederate hospital and later occupied by Federal Troops until November when it was partially burned as they left on the March to the Sea. After the War, it was remodeled as a three-story hotel and renamed the Kennesaw House. It remained a hotel until the 1970's. Today it is the home of the Marietta Museum of History. This weekend the Museum is offering free admission and is having a special open house with hot cider and sweets.
Tickets can be purchased at the Marietta Visitors Bureau and at any of the participating tour homes. Tickets can be purchased for day tours, candlelight tours, or a combination ticket including both.
Day Tour: $25.00
Candlelight Tour: $20.00
Volunteer your time for the Marietta event of the season. It takes over 300 volunteers to make the Tour a success!
During the Tour,
warm up with
The Bistro at
Click here for Special Packages at the Hilton Atlanta/Marietta Hotel & Conference Center