At the end of the nineteenth century, Marietta had a population of 4,500 and Church Street ended about 5 blocks north of the Square. Morgan McNeel owned all the property north of that as part of his home, Ivy Grove plantation. In 1905 he established a new area of homes on that property, extending Church Street through Sessions and Campbell Hill Streets.
The Simpson-Moor-Pearlberg House, built in 1907, was one of the earlier houses built in this area. It was carefully planned by Barry F. Simpson, Solicitor General of the Blue Ridge Circuit and his wife, Mamie. Mr. Simpson's nephew, George A. Griffin, Sr., purchased the property in 1918. He sold it to Arthur F. Moor in 1924 and he lived there for 54 years. During World War II, when Marietta was experiencing growing pains due to the influx of workers at the Bell Bomber Plant, Mr. Moor partitioned the interior and opened the house to boarders. The rooms were rented in eight hour shifts, $1.00 per shift, which corresponded to the shifts at the Bomber Plant.
After Mr. Moor passed away, the house was owned by the Roger Cobb family and the John Watson Family. The current owners are Van and Patti Pearlberg.
Tickets can be purchased at the Marietta Visitors Bureau and at any of the participating tour homes. Tickets can be purchased for day tours, candlelight tours, or a combination ticket including both.
Day Tour: $25.00
Candlelight Tour: $20.00
Volunteer your time for the Marietta event of the season. It takes over 300 volunteers to make the Tour a success!
During the Tour,
warm up with
The Bistro at
Click here for Special Packages at the Hilton Atlanta/Marietta Hotel & Conference Center