Return to home page

The Marietta Pilgrimage
A Christmas Home Tour through Marietta, Georgia

The Hagood-McNabb House, c. 1897

340 Church Street


The Hagood-McNabb HouseThis modified Greek Revival style house was built in 1924. It was thought to be a wedding present to Dr. George F. Hagood, Jr. and his bride Sarah from his father, George F. Hagood, Sr. who lived next door. Dr. Hagood, Jr. was a dentist. The Hagoods lived in the house for over 30 years until the home was purchased by Addie Reynolds Northcutt. Subsequent owners include Wallace Averill III, Harry Ragsdale and William and Katherine Sprenger. The current owners, Mark and Virginia McNabb bought the property in 1984.


The house was originally a one and a half story cottage. It underwent a complete transformation from 2003-2005, when a second story and a front porch were added. It took three years for the entire project to be completed. A south Georgia iron worker forged the balcony off the master bedroom. The original footprint of the home remains intact and as much as was possible from the original house was incorporated. The heart pine floors in the three front rooms are original, as are four of the six fireplaces. The stairway came from another home south of the Square.


The McNabbs have an extensive library and the house is filled with antiques. The library desk came from Charleston and the desk in the boys' bedroom was made by carpenters of the Western and Atlantic Railroad. You'll see many oriental pieces throughout the house collected by Mrs. McNabb's mother on her travels to China.


Sponsored by:   
Tour Gala Sponsor